Effective date: January 1, 2015
• Personal Information we may collect and use
• When we may share personal information
• Email preferences
• Your rights
• Contacting us
Midway Sky Ltd and its affiliates (“DigiDesk”) and (“CSAT”) are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
visit the DigiDesk website located at mws-digidesk.com and CSAT website located as mws-csat.com, which includes all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
use the applications that DigiDesk and CSAT make available from time to time (the “Applications”); and
use the services including DigiDesk and CSAT platforms, wall boards and other products and services (the “Platforms”).
To make this policy easier to read, we call the Website, the Applications and the Platforms together the “Services”.
Personal information we may collect and use
i) Registration and Logged-in Users
When you first register for a DigiDesk or CSAT account we collect some personal information about you such as:
• your full name, username, and email address
• your password, in connection with your account and your log-in facility
• the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices
• a unique DigiDesk or CSAT user ID (an alphanumeric string) which is assigned to you upon registration
• other optional information as part of your account profile
When creating a DigiDesk or CSAT account, we may also collect your credit card or PayPal information, billing address, and such other information as is required to complete a commercial transaction on our site.
As a registered user of DigiDesk or CSAT, we may also collect the following:
• information you post in the form of messages, conversations, or contributions to discussions exchanged over the Supported Platforms
• images or other files that you may publish via our publishing services
• information we may receive relating to communications you send us, such as queries or comments concerning our services
• information relating to your real time location, but only where you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information or when posting through the Supported Platforms
DigiDesk and CSAT use the collected information for the following general purposes:
• to identify you when you log in to your account
• to enable us to provide the Services to you
• to verify transactions you make and for billing, security, and authentication (including security tokens for communication with installed Third-Party Apps)
• to analyze the Website , Services and our visitors, including research into our user demographics and user behaviour in order to improve our content and Services
• to contact you about your account and provide support
• to share aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of our Services to prospective advertisers and partners
• to keep you informed of information about our Services we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, provided you have indicated you would like to be contacted for these purposes
By submitting information to DigiDesk and CSAT when registering, you consent to the use of your information for these purposes.
When we may share Personal Information:
(1) when you explicitly consent to the disclosure of such information to a third party when connecting to a third-party service that asks you if you consent to such sharing;
(2) where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands;
(3) if we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person;
(4) if we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve abuse of the Services infrastructure or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Website infrastructure or the Services generally);
(5) to a parent company, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with Midway Sky;
(7) if this information is not private, is aggregated or is otherwise non-personal information, such as your public user profile information and related public data (such as Tweets, likes, etc.) or the number of users who clicked on a particular link (even if only one did so).
We use industry best practices to keep any information collected and/or transmitted to the Supported Platforms or Third-Party Apps secure. This includes the use of HTTPS with TLS (Transport Layer Security), which encrypts all transmitted data, and OAuth 2.0 protocols for authentication and data transfer to Supported Platforms and Third-Party Apps.
Certain Personal Information, most notably DigiDesk and CSAT log-in details, is encrypted during transmission using TLS. Once validated within our system, passwords are deleted from our system. In addition, DigiDesk and CSAT use third-party vendors and hosting partners such as Amazon to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Services. These vendors have been selected for their high standards of both physical and technological security, including ISO and SSAE16 certifications.
When payments are processed via credit card, MidwaySky uses third-party vendors that are PCI-DSS Compliant. At no point does Midway Sky have access to your credit card information.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the Internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Services whilst it is in transit over the Internet and any such submission is at your own risk, and this risk is specifically disclaimed in our Terms.
If you are a Logged-in User, it is advisable that you log out of your account at the end of every session and not leave a logged-in account unattended for any period of time, particularly if you use a shared computer or device.
Midway Sky uses email as the primary mode of communications with our users. We want to respect your privacy by only sending emails of interest to you. You can manage your email preferences, such as opting-out or unsubscribing from emails sent by Midway Sky, by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in each email correspondence that we send you.
You can contact us to obtain a copy of the Personal Information held about you by us. This may be subject to a fee not exceeding any prescribed fee permitted by applicable law. You can also ask us to correct and, where relevant, erase that information. Please note that certain Personal Information may need to be retained by Midway Sky for a period of time following cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required by applicable law. As mentioned above you have a right to change your email preferences at any time.
You should be aware that DigiDesk and CSAT act as a conduit between our users and the various Supported Platforms and Third-Party Apps. In several instances, the content published via DigiDesk will not be in DigiDesk’s custody or control, and any content that has been shared by you through any Supported Platform or Third-Party Apps via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this content is now under the control of the operators of the Supported Platforms and/or the Third-Party Apps.
Midway Sky Ltd
145-157 St. Johns Street
© 2015 Midway Sky LTD. All rights reserved